How to pack fragile items
Packing your belongings for a relocation is not an easy thing to do, but if you know how to do it, you will be just fine. There are some parts of every relocation you have to take care of that are not easy at all. One of these things is the day when you have to pack fragile items. In every household and office, there are many items that could be labeled as fragile. So, if you do it right, you will move them without issues but you must pay special attention. Hiring professional movers like the ones you can find here at the SOS Moving and Storage Los Angeles, will help you have a truly incredible moving experience.
There are all kinds of fragile items you need to pack for your move
Fragile items have to be packed with care, no matter if they are valuable or not. You need to pay more attention to the valuable ones, of course, but they all need to be packed the right way. No matter if you choose a full moving service, or you just get labor only services, you should be absolutely sure that your belongings are safe while being transported. Some of the things you need to pack and move with care, then you decide that it is the time to pack fragile items, are:
- Mirrors, especially the large ones
- Picture frames with glass
- Fish tanks
- Plasma TVs and similar tech
- many more, depending on the household that you are observing
So, the number of fragile items is pretty big, so you can be sure that you will have to know just how to deal with this part of your relocation. Packing fragile items is not easy, especially if you need are having a long-distance move. But, if you know just how to pack everything, you will be more than fine. There is nothing for you to worry about, you will be just fine.
You have to use the right packing supplies
Making sure that you are having the right packing supplies is important for many different reasons, and especially if you are packing the fragile items. So, you should make sure you get the best ones you can find. Packing supplies come in all shapes and sizes, so you need to make the right choices. The thing is, you can’t get a box that is too small, or too large for your fragile items. You will have to make sure you choose just the right one. No matter if you are packing fragile items in your home or in your office, you have to take care of them the right way.Use office moving services as well to avoid getting your office belongings damaged while moving. Get the high-quality packing supplies and you will be just fine. The things you need to get are:
- Moving boxes in all the sizes that you need to get
- Packing paper
- Packing peanuts
- Duct tape
- Blankets and rags
- A marker
Once you gather all of these items, you will be just fine. Don’t worry, with the right packing supplies, the chances are that you will get this part of your relocation done in no time. If there are fragile items you don’t want to move with you, you can give them away or organize a garage sale. Your move will be cheaper this way as well.
How do you pack fragile items for relocation?
Once you got everything you need to pack all your belongings, you can just relax and start packing one item at a time. The first thing you have to do is choose the right box for each of the items you will be packing. Start with the ones that are larger since your focus is the best at the beginning of the job. Here is how you pack fragile items:
- Pick an item you want to pack
- Get the packing peanuts and put them at the bottom of the box you have chosen. It needs to be just a bit larger than the item you are about to pack
- Once you choose it, get the packing peanuts and place them at the bottom of your box
- Place the item on top of the packing peanuts
- Use the packing peanuts and packing paper to protect the item from all the sides. If you feel like there is a need for it, get clothes and blankets and additionally protect the item inside the box
- Once you are sure that the item can’t move in any direction, place the packing peanuts on top of the item until the box is filled
- Shut the box and tape it with the duct tape so it can’t get opened
- Label it with the marker, and make sure you write that there is something fragile inside
You can be sure that this way, your belongings will be more than safe for this relocation. You just have to be careful not to break the items while you are packing them. Plates can be packed more than one peace at a time, just like glasses and mugs, but you have to wrap each one and make a barrier in between.
You will do a great job, just focus
Once you start to pack fragile items, follow our suggestion and you will have nothing to worry about. All you need to do is pack them with care and caution, make sure you label them, and tell your movers to be careful with those boxes. You will be just fine this way. Packing breakables is not as hard as long as you know what you are doing.