We are all in this together!
As a COVID-19 essential service, SOS Moving and Storage Los Angeles is still open for business.
We will continue to provide Safe, Organized, and Sound moving services to our customers.
We understand that we all going through crazy times right now, so if you have any questions, please check out our COVID-19 FAQS. As essential service providers, we take our responsibility very seriously and do our best to ensure high-quality service and safety.
COVID-19 – Frequently Asked Questions
Is your company operating during COVID-19?
Yes! We are open for business and continue to work closely with our teams, managers, and operators to deliver our service as usual while at the same time implementing new safety measures and following the recommendations from Global Health Organization.
Even during difficult times like this, life still goes on: a lot of you need to move for different reasons and we are here to help you with that! We will continue to conduct our work at the same level of professionalism that is highly recognized by our loyal customers. And we will continue to operate as long as moving services are officially considered safe.
Okay, good! I AM CHOOSING SOS MOVING. Do I have to meet you to receive a moving quote?
No. We understand that today the fewer face-to-face interactions we have, the safer it is for all of us, so we would like to protect our customers by limiting physical meetings. For this reason, we are giving you the following options: you can request your moving quote online, contact our online representatives, and even request a video consultation, so our manager could assess what kind of work is to be done and inform you about the price without in-person contact.
What precautions are your movers taking against COVID-19?
Our movers are well aware of the precautions to be taken against COVID-19 and have a rigid plan that they are following in order to prevent the spread of the virus. These measures are designed to ensure the health and safety of our customers:
- Yes to positivity and smiles (behind the masks of course), no to handshakes
- Using disinfectant wipes on surfaces
- Wearing masks
- Wearing disposable gloves
- Disinfecting personal items and hard surfaces
- Following the World Health Organization’s hand-washing guidelines
- Practicing social distancing (6 feet) from customers as much as possible
These guidelines are recommended by the official agencies and are subject to change based on the changes in the global understanding of the virus. Please if you have any concerns or suggestions about a coronavirus and how we could accommodate our customers’ needs, contact our managers.
What are your actions if it’s discovered that a worker/customer has been diagnosed with a coronavirus?
If it is confirmed that one of our workers or customers has been positively diagnosed, we have to, most importantly, identify all potentially contaminated vehicles, shipments, workers, and customers. Then we will immediately notify everyone affected. Finally, the SOS Moving and Storage team will cooperate with state agencies to provide any incident-related information required for official records.
What precautions are you following to protect your workers?
The safety of our customers and workers is our highest priority. The following measures are taken in order to ensure safety of our team:
- Ensuring personal hygiene of our team members: washing hands as it was advised by Word Health Organization, using sanitizers after physical contact with different surfaces, sanitizing the tools and personal items
- Asking our customers a series of questions related to COVID-19 like if they traveled recently, contacted anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 and etc over the phone
- Conducting an online survey to monitor health conditions and work of our employees
- Monitoring the guidelines recommended by World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sending home workers who demonstrate symptoms of respiratory illness and who have been exposed to the virus
- Putting workers who have been tested positive for the virus into mandatory quarantine
- Continuously updating our managers, movers, and van operators about any coronavirus-related news and new precautions
What COVID-19 precautions should I take during my move?
SOS Moving and Storage team asks you to follow the basic guidelines proposed by Word Health Organization, practice social distancing, wear a mask, sanitize, and wash your hands. More specifically to ensure your safety follow these principles:
- Don’t physically participate in the move
- Keep a 6-foot distance from movers and drivers as much as it is possible
- Request that movers wash their hands before they start working
- If you believe that any of your movers exhibit coronavirus symptoms, immediately contact our managers
- Disinfect furniture and high-touch surfaces before your moving team arrives
- Dispose of all packing materials when the team finish the move
If you have any other COVID-19 related questions, please contact our managers.